The “Daily Motivator” quotation from Ralph Marston on October 3, 2007 resonates with me:
Do you understand where you are right now? You are in a place, a time, and a set of circumstances toward which you’ve been moving your entire life.
Do you realize the enormous opportunity that now exists? You are more experienced and better prepared than ever before.
Each past failure is now a positive and valuable lesson that you’ve learned about what works and what doesn’t. All the disappointments you’ve ever known have now combined together to create a powerful and meaningful determination that permeates your life.
By this point in your life, your dreams and desires are more in line with who you truly are than they’ve ever been before. And now you’re perfectly positioned to actually achieve them.
Do you realize how truly unique and powerful this very moment is? This is the moment when you can begin to fulfill your greatest possibilities.
This is the moment you’ve been working your way toward for a long time. You are here at last, so fill your world with the lifetime of richness that you’re able to give.
In a world filled with people who say “sometime I hope,” “maybe next year I can,” “if only I could,” and “yeah but I can’t because” these words speak to my heart.
Seize the day! You’ve likely never been better prepared to face and leverage both the challenges as well as the opportunities of this day.
Thanks for the inspirational words, Dad! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Beware of Genieo Adware on Apple Computers - 2013
- Share Your Ideas for K-12 Online 2011: Purposeful Play - 2011
- Construction Engineers and Concrete Masons can save MILLIONS of lives (Haiti earthquake story) - 2010
- Remote Control iPad Presentations #edapp - 2010
- Online Content Can Be Persistent (even when people try to take it offline) - 2010
- Again, U.S. federal funds used to strong arm state legislators - 2009
- The Maine Department of Tourism is Taking Care of Travelers - 2009
- Lunch with Clay Shirkey and Alan Kay - 2008
- Obama on Flickr and Validating Information Sources - 2007
- The gauntlet has been tossed - 2007