Tomorrow we are publishing 18 different audio and video files for day 2 of the K-12 Online Conference! Be sure to subscribe to both the audio and video podcast channels!
As in the 2006 conference, we have wonderful presentations using so many different web 2.0 tools! Hopefully we’ve struck a good balance between encouraging creativity and still having some reasonable uniformity for file formats. I have personally REALLY enjoyed the ability to download both audio and video versions of presentations in separate podcast channels.
As a related aside, I have been impressed with the ability of the free iSquint program (Mac only) to compress video files into smaller iPod compatible versions. The program can really achieve a considerable drop in file size without losing noticeable quality.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Cultural Literacy in an Era of Information Overabundance - 2015
- How to Share Videos from a School iPad Cart - 2013
- Launching Learning with Kevin Honeycutt: K12Online12 Begins! - 2012
- Welcome to the golden age of writing and publishing - 2010
- MacBook Air Rev finally coming Oct 20th? - 2010
- Beware of invitations to "connect" Twitter and Facebook accounts to other web services - 2009
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera: Awesome! - 2009
- Geocaching In and Out of the Classroom by Beth Goodwin - 2009
- iTunes Installation Guide and Implications of the 4th Screen - 2008
- A Vision of Students Today - 2007