Tomorrow we are publishing 18 different audio and video files for day 2 of the K-12 Online Conference! Be sure to subscribe to both the audio and video podcast channels!
As in the 2006 conference, we have wonderful presentations using so many different web 2.0 tools! Hopefully we’ve struck a good balance between encouraging creativity and still having some reasonable uniformity for file formats. I have personally REALLY enjoyed the ability to download both audio and video versions of presentations in separate podcast channels.
As a related aside, I have been impressed with the ability of the free iSquint program (Mac only) to compress video files into smaller iPod compatible versions. The program can really achieve a considerable drop in file size without losing noticeable quality.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- How to Share Videos from a School iPad Cart - 2013
- Launching Learning with Kevin Honeycutt: K12Online12 Begins! - 2012
- Welcome to the golden age of writing and publishing - 2010
- MacBook Air Rev finally coming Oct 20th? - 2010
- Beware of invitations to "connect" Twitter and Facebook accounts to other web services - 2009
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera: Awesome! - 2009
- Geocaching In and Out of the Classroom by Beth Goodwin - 2009
- iTunes Installation Guide and Implications of the 4th Screen - 2008
- A Vision of Students Today - 2007
- The Future of Technology in Your Organization - 2007