Following the guidelines of the 2007 K-12 Online Conference professional development committee’s posted rubric, I’ve used Gabcast this afternoon/evening to reflect on Liz Kolb’s wonderful presentation yesterday “Cell Phones as Classroom Learning Tools.”
I have created a new blog on Blogger (for free of course) for my professional development reflections, for the K12Online07 conference as well as other PD that may come up in the future. I titled this “Wesley Fryer’s PD Reflection Blog.” I’ve posted my reflection about Liz’s presentation there, but I’m also using the provided “embed” code from Gabcast to share a Flash-player link to the reflection directly here. The reflection is about 20 minutes long.
Following the rubric created by the K12Online07 professional development committee, this is my reflection on Liz’s excellent presentation.
What a FANTASTIC presentation this was by Liz. WOW!!! I highly recommend this session, I am going to start implementing some of the ideas and suggestions Liz shared this week on a field trip I’m taking with some scouts to a local history museum on Thursday, and with my 5th grade Sunday School students on Sunday! Who would have imagined we have such power in the palm of our hands when we are holding a cell phone! Thanks for opening up my mind to so many learning and authoring possibilities, Liz!
(The link on Liz’s presenter page to her blog for K12Online07 is currently broken, if you access it before it gets fixed you’ll need to truncate the dot and slash at the end. Or just use my direct link to her blog above!)
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Reflections on Comancheria, Identity and Frontier Terrorism - 2017
- Igniting Innovation with the 2014 K-12 Online Conference - 2014
- 7 Part VideoConference Course: Mapping Media to the Common Core (Nov 2013 - Feb 2014) - 2013
- Best iOS Apps for Audio Recording & Sharing (Oct 2012) - 2012
- The Digital Shift eConference Tomorrow & More iPad eBook Authoring Apps - 2012
- WordPress 3.01 Export Problems - 2010
- 1:1 in a High School Science Classroom - 2009
- More Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Marco Torres at ACTEM 09 - 2009
- Reconsidering boundaries on K12Online Presentation Mirroring - 2008