I’ve spent the day today at Asher Public School in Asher, Oklahoma, working with all 5th through 12th grade students on digital storytelling using VoiceThread. We created six different VoiceThread digital stories together today as part of the Great Book Stories Project. Five of these are linked from the “Listen and See” page of the project wiki. One more (about “Where the Red Fern Grows”) is not linked yet, as the librarian is still waiting for some students to return their parent permission forms to participate in the project and publish their voice on the Internet. (A sample permission form in MS Word format which you are free to modify and use as desired is available on the project guidelines page.) Here are the five digital stories about “favorite books” the students in Asher created today:
To Kill a Mockingbird (10th graders in Asher, Oklahoma)
The Case of the Disappearing Daughter (5th grader in Asher, Oklahoma)
The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allen Poe (9th graders in Asher, Oklahoma)
Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli (8th grade boys in Asher, Oklahoma)
The Outsiders (11th and 12th grade students in Asher, Oklahoma)
The Great Books Project is open to anyone, worldwide, who would like to use these ideas, use any of the project resources, and contribute digital stories. 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast 434: Discovering Useful New Ideas as a Connected Educator (October 2015) - 2015
- Sharing My Learning via Twitter from Write Well, Sell Well 2015 - 2015
- Writing for Greater Impact by Shannon Ethridge - 2015
- Selling Well for Non-Fiction Writers by Chris Maselli - 2015
- Avoiding Digital Disasters: Video Is the New Pen - 2013
- Awesome Brickfilm - 2011
- Podcast332: WordPress Saves Lives - Learn How #actem09 - 2009
- Deterring bag shoplifters and trash depositors - 2008
- Elluminate moderation: First impressions - 2006
- Firefox 2 and Skype 2 - 2006