I’m sharing the keynote address Monday morning in Tulsa at the Oklahoma Distance Learning Association’s annual conference. The theme of the conference is “Web 2.0 in Education,” and the title of my keynote is “Inventing the Future: Safely Empowering Learners In the Read/Write Society.” This is a completely different rewrite of the session I shared with the same title at the Learning 2.0 conference in Shanghai in September, and different content-wise from last Friday’s keynote at the Southwest TechForum in Austin.
My presentation slides are available as a PDF file (17 MB) if you’d like to check them out in advance of (or after) Monday’s keynote, scheduled to begin at 9:00 am US Central time (3:00 PM 5 November 2007 GMT). I’m going to use Ustream.tv again to broadcast the keynote live on the web and record it. I’ll try to do a better job keeping myself centered in front of the iSight camera! The Ustream show address will remain the same as last week, here is the embed code in case you want to watch it from my blog.
I’ll try to follow the chat as well a little better than I did last Friday at TechForum:
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 3rd Grade Narrated Art About Bats - 2012
- Podcast333: Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China - 2009
- Crescent Public Schools: A Beacon for Oklahoma Education - 2008
- Listening to Jeff Utecht from Kuala Lumpur - 2007
- A big screen! - 2007
- Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us: It's about Information, Collaboration, and Access - 2007
- Free web-based audio conferencing - 2007
- No Ustream today - 2007
- Podcast97: Bullying Prevention Panel (including cyberbullying) - 2006
- Dan Schmidt keynote: Beyond4Walls - 2006