These are my notes from the presentation “Social Bookmarking with Del.icio.us: It’s about Information, Collaboration, and Access” by Lee Anne Morris and Scot Ertl at the ODLA 2007 conference in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Nov 5, 2007. My comments/refelctions are ALL IN CAPS.
Lee Anne and Scott are with “The Eighth Floor: A Technology and Learning Center for Educators” in Tulsa, OK
Discussing reasons for using social bookmarks
- portability / accessibility
- sharing potential
- about sharing information
- it is a network
12 Ideas Around Social Bookmarking in Education
- good set of suggested activities
with tags, there are “no rules” except “no spaces”
make sure you back up your del.icio.us links!!!! (I HAVE NOT DONE THIS TO DATE BUT AM DOING THIS NOW!!!!)
private saving is available but must be activated
- Diggo – social website annotation
- carmun.com (will format references)
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 3rd Grade Narrated Art About Bats - 2012
- Podcast333: Reflections on Social Media, School Change, 21st Century Learning Skills, and China - 2009
- Crescent Public Schools: A Beacon for Oklahoma Education - 2008
- Listening to Jeff Utecht from Kuala Lumpur - 2007
- A big screen! - 2007
- Free web-based audio conferencing - 2007
- No Ustream today - 2007
- ODLA Keynote Monday - Live and Recorded - 2007
- Podcast97: Bullying Prevention Panel (including cyberbullying) - 2006
- Dan Schmidt keynote: Beyond4Walls - 2006