This podcast is a recording of a presentation about classroom podcasting shared by Lance Ford on November 6, 2007, at the Oklahoma Distance Learning Association’s annual conference. Lance is the director of technology for Howe Public Schools in southeastern Oklahoma. Students in Howe are producing the weekly video podcast CLE LIve, which stands for Camera, Lights, Education! You will be hard pressed to find a more enthusiastic advocate for the appropriate use of videoconferencing technologies as well as student created media across the K-12 curriculum than Lance Ford. A former music educator, Lance has a contagious passion for learning and teach-nology, as he refers to technology, and he is eager to share this passion with others. As Lance says in his introduction, his educational focus as a teacher has been on making things happen. Very positive things certainly are happening in Howe Public Schools, and Lance Ford is playing a key role as a catalyst and advocate for engaged teaching and learning.
- Howe Public Schools
- Camera, Lights, Education Live! (CLE Live – Howe High School’s Weekly Video Podcast)
- My text notes from Lance’s session
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcast!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Hopscotch Challenges: A Free Curriculum eBook for iPad Coders - 2013
- Empowering Women Worldwide Through Creative, Handmade Designs - 2013
- Mapping Media at Library Camp 2013 (Fort Wayne, Indiana) - 2013
- How the Internet Can Change the Way We Create Stuff & Solve Problems - 2012
- Talking K12Online11 on Classroom 2.0 Saturday November 12th - 2011
- English learners in the digital age: natives, immigrants or outsiders #collab21 - 2010
- I'm a teacher, and I have the best job in the WORLD #EdCampKC - 2010
- Why blog when you can Glog? - 2010
- Unlocking the Past: Techniques for Conducting Meaningful Interviews - 2009
- Fast Forward: Oral History in the 21st Century by Donald Ritchie - 2009