Vicki Allen created a clever VoiceThread with Houston-area teachers last week on the theme “Coffee 2.0.” (She borrowed the idea from Karen Montgomery.) Are you ever intimidated by the six-part Starbucks coffee orders some people give you? I am. My wife’s preferred order (“grande skinny decaf latte with two sweet and lows”) is really tame compared to some orders I’ve heard. This VoiceThread plays off these types of requests. Vicki used this to encourage teachers to think about web 1.0 versus web 2.0, learning 1.0 versus learning 2.0, classroom 1.0 versus classroom 2.0, etc.
Nice work teachers! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Discount this weekend: Playing with Media eBook 50% off thru Nov 20th! - 2011
- Final Dissertation Defense: Impact Analysis of Phonecasted Lecture Summaries - 2011
- MASSCUE XO Learning Moments - 2008
- No laptops at our meeting! - 2008
- All A Twitter about Twitter by Beth Knittle - 2008
- Discussing the Megan Meier MySpace / Suicide Tragedy - 2007
- Facing the realities of bullying in our schools and communities - 2007
- Changing expectations of learning - 2007
- Podcast102: Looking at Dead and Emerging Technologies - 2006