After spending literally HOURS over the past several months trying to get Plaxo synchronization to work between my address book contacts and calendar items stored in 3 places (Outlook on Office 2003 on WinXP, My Yahoo email and calendar, and my Mac OS 10.5 address book and calendar) I’ve thrown up my hands in frustration and am abandoning Plaxo. Please disregard my positive comments shared about Plaxo previously here, here, here and here. This is the message I submitted to Plaxo after cancelling my free trial / premium subscription today:
I have spent HOURS trying to get Plaxo to sync my calendar and contacts across three platforms: My Outlook contacts and calendar on Office 2003 / WinXP, my Yahoo email account and calendar, and my address book and iCal in Mac OS 10.5. I’m giving up. Thanks for trying to offer this service, but it has been frustrating to deal with all the duplications in the calendar which are NOT removed even with your premium service. The “deduper” for contacts DID work, but I can’t waste any more time trying to get the calendar sync to work. I’m abandoning Plaxo, have cancelled my Premium trial subscription, and am not interested in trying your service again. I am going to use the free tools provided by Yahoo for synchronization of Outlook XP calendar and address book contacts, as well as the free iTunes Yahoo address book sync options. I’m just going to access my Yahoo calendar from my iPhone over the web and stop using iCal for now. If Apple provides a Yahoo to iCal sync solution I’ll use that, but I am NOT using Plaxo again on any of the computer platforms I use.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Our Daughter Plays Minecraft with International YouTubers - 2015
- Use an Older Wii Remote with Smoothboard Software - 2014
- Small Museums, Libraries and Archives: Advocating to Preserve Community Heritage - 2013
- Advocating for Balanced Content Filtering in Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2011
- Help Needed from Urban Educators: Are Evernote, GDocs & Edmodo Blocked for Your Students? - 2011
- Cloud computing for Microsoft, Persistent requests for IT, and 3 screen strategies - 2010
- Going Mobile with Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Doubting the power of Netbooks? Consider Chrome OS - 2009
- Pleased with Windows 7 default scanning functionality - 2009
- Website visitor tracking with Feedjit and ClustrMaps - 2008