I recorded a short VoiceThread this evening discussing the successful videoconference we had today from Ford Island, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, featuring several survivors of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Both of those survivors were also aboard the USS Oklahoma, which is being dedicated tomorrow on December 7th, just around the corner from where we held our videoconference today.
I actually recorded this VoiceThread (initially) on my HP laptop over the Verizon high speed cellular network modem I described in the previous post. The audio quality sounded poorer than normal, even though I used the same USB headset microphone I always use now for audio recording. I think this may be attributible to slower available bandwidth. Several of the recordings I made play back fine on the original laptop I where I recorded them, using Internet Explorer 7 for Windows, but not on other browsers or on my Mac. I have no idea why. I’ve had few problems with VoiceThread, so this glitch is mystifying. I’m going to wait and see if it gets resolved, and if it doesn’t I’ll re-record the narration for those images which have missing audio.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- iPad App Clean Install (December 2014) - 2014
- Learning About Posting YouTube Videos to WordPress, Windows RT Copy Paste, and iMovie for iPhone - 2013
- Location Change for December OKC Google Tools Workshops - 2010
- Google Goggles: A new way to search with pictures - 2009
- iPhone and iTouch video out functionality, 1 to 1 Learning, and CCC Pedagogy - 2008
- Breadboards, LED lights, small screens, and programming homegrown, inexpensive computers - 2008
- When things go wrong, we learn and go on... - 2007
- Live on the web from Pearl Harbor: NOW - 2007
- Archive of Dec 6th videoconference from Pearl Harbor - 2007
- Impressed with Verizon USB data modem - 2007