This podcast is a recording of the initial hour (with group working times edited out) of a workshop I led for approximately 125 educators at Education Service Center 10 in Richardson, Texas, on December 17, 2007. The description of this workshop was: Good teaching is similar in many ways to good cooking. Recipies are helpful, but master cooks often modify those to meet different needs and situations. The same is true for teachers. If we extend this analogy of cooking to teaching and learning in a web 2.0 world, what are the best “ingredients” to use as we help both teachers and students learn to be more effective, safe, and powerful communicators in our flat world? In this working session we will focus on four key ingredients: del.icio.us social bookmarks, Flickr photo sharing, VoiceThread digital storytelling, and videoconferencing. The hands-on portion of our workshop will focus primarily on using social bookmarks to both document/archive our individual “gems” we find online, as well as collaborate and share those resources with others. Cooking can be intimidating for novices, but richly rewarding. Let’s learn to cook up some gourmet learning with some powerful (and free) web 2.0 tools!
- Wiki curriculum links for this workshop, “Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning”
- Google SMS (free service)
- Hall Davidson’s Keynote: Moving from Personal Knowledge to Global Contribution
@ Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference 2007 (via Bob Sprankle’s Bit by Bit Podcast)
- Movie “Meet the Robinsons”
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Vader Did You Know? [video] - 2011
- Create Clever Information Traps with Zoo Tool, Posterous, & ifttt - 2011
- Holiday Video Fun with an iPhone and iMovie 09 - 2009
- Download Fan Fiction Books and Read Offline on an iPhone / iPod Touch with Stanza - 2009
- Live (and archived) student news from Howe, Oklahoma! - 2008
- Santa prefers cheese corn to cookies on Christmas Eve - 2008