Someone asked me today how an iPhone user could IM (instant message) using Yahoo IM or a different service, instead of SMS. The only way I’m aware of doing this now is using the free BeeJive JiveTalk Mobile website for iPhone. To use and setup the free service, on an iPhone or iPod Touch visit the following site:http://iphone.beejive.comThat website will not actually work in a “regular” computer web browser, but should work fine on an iPhone or iPod Touch. When Apple releases the iPhone developer’s kit in February (as announced last year) I expect we’ll see a bunch of new applications for the iPhone and iPod Touch, most likely including different IM clients.Does anyone else know of a different website or way to “do IM” on an iPhone?[tags]iphone, im, ipodtouch, ipod, touch, instantmessage, beejive[/tags]
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Group Building Design Challenge in STEM Class - 2015
- Helping Students Use Creative Commons Images in Presentations - 2014
- The Value of Good Design - 2011
- Configuring WordPress for Mobile Theme Compatibility with WP-Super Cache - 2010
- Podcast336: Personal Updates and Voices of ACTEM - Talking with Richard Byrne, Bob Sprankle and Kern Kelley - 2010
- Cloud computing lesson from Mobile Me Wrestling: Offline Backups - 2009
- Beware of outdated links and mailto links - 2008
- Political emails fly fast, but are readers validating content? - 2008
- Podcast215: Technology Shopping Cart Podcast03 - Strategies for Helping Teachers Integrate Technology - 2008
- Student laptops a menace? - 2006