Educational innovation thrives on the food of creative ideas. Welcome to the “Technology Shopping Cart,” and our third episode when we focus on “Strategies for Helping Teachers Integrate Technology” as well as our “geeks of the week.” Access our show notes below and on our wiki for links to the websites and resources we discussed in this episode. If you have suggestions for our closing “clincher” statement for our podcast series, we’d love to hear them! (We discuss this at the very end of the show.)
- Facebook 1800 (Ning) from MISCS in St Louis, Missouri
- National School Boards Association July 2007 report: CREATING & CONNECTING – Research and Guidelines on Online Social — and Educational — Networking (PDF)
- Travian – U.S. and International site
- Gever Tulley: 5 dangerous things you should let your kids do (TED Talk Video)
- Our Technology Shopping Cart Podcast Wiki
Subscribe in a reader to Technology Shopping Cart Podcasts
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Helping Students Use Creative Commons Images in Presentations - 2014
- The Value of Good Design - 2011
- Configuring WordPress for Mobile Theme Compatibility with WP-Super Cache - 2010
- Podcast336: Personal Updates and Voices of ACTEM - Talking with Richard Byrne, Bob Sprankle and Kern Kelley - 2010
- Cloud computing lesson from Mobile Me Wrestling: Offline Backups - 2009
- Beware of outdated links and mailto links - 2008
- Political emails fly fast, but are readers validating content? - 2008
- IM on iPhone - 2008
- Student laptops a menace? - 2006
- Songs for Teaching - 2006