This podcast is a recording of my keynote address at the STARtech: Technology for the Next Generation conference at Salina South High School in Salina, Kansas, on January 21, 2008. An amazing array of digital tools are now available for anyone connected to the Internet to use and share his/her voice with the world using text, audio, and video. The emergence of this read/write web (called “web 2.0 by some” is both exciting and scary to many. In this session we’ll explore many of these tools which can be used to communicate and collaborate on the global stage. We’ll discuss the ethical responsibility which comes with using powerful tools like these, and explore ways learners of all ages can safely and legally use these tools to create and share digital stories, music, and socially network online with others. The age of the read/write web has dawned. Let’s use these tools safely, legally, and responsibly to CREATE, COLLABORATE, and develop the literacy skills required to thrive in the 21st century!
- Referenced links from this presentation are on teachdigital.pbwiki.com/powerfulpossibilities.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Feb 8: Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch - 2013
- Highlights from the 2013 Trappers Rendezvous Campout - 2013
- Create a Custom Digital Newspaper on your iPad with Flipboard & Google Reader - 2012
- OAESP Grant for Student Videography at Mustang, Elementary (Oklahoma) - 2012
- Vision for Educational Leadership in 30 Seconds: A Challenge #digitalvision2011 - 2011
- Things I Want To Model As Your Teacher - 2010
- iTunes - Age Restricted Material - 2010
- Taking class attendance with cell phone SMS messages and PollEverywhere - 2010
- Geotagged iReports from President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Reflections on Dr. King's Dream - 2008