This podcast is a recording of my keynote address at the STARtech: Technology for the Next Generation conference at Salina South High School in Salina, Kansas, on January 21, 2008. An amazing array of digital tools are now available for anyone connected to the Internet to use and share his/her voice with the world using text, audio, and video. The emergence of this read/write web (called “web 2.0 by some” is both exciting and scary to many. In this session we’ll explore many of these tools which can be used to communicate and collaborate on the global stage. We’ll discuss the ethical responsibility which comes with using powerful tools like these, and explore ways learners of all ages can safely and legally use these tools to create and share digital stories, music, and socially network online with others. The age of the read/write web has dawned. Let’s use these tools safely, legally, and responsibly to CREATE, COLLABORATE, and develop the literacy skills required to thrive in the 21st century!
- Referenced links from this presentation are on teachdigital.pbwiki.com/powerfulpossibilities.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Feb 8: Creating Games & Simulations with Scratch - 2013
- Highlights from the 2013 Trappers Rendezvous Campout - 2013
- Create a Custom Digital Newspaper on your iPad with Flipboard & Google Reader - 2012
- OAESP Grant for Student Videography at Mustang, Elementary (Oklahoma) - 2012
- Vision for Educational Leadership in 30 Seconds: A Challenge #digitalvision2011 - 2011
- Things I Want To Model As Your Teacher - 2010
- iTunes - Age Restricted Material - 2010
- Taking class attendance with cell phone SMS messages and PollEverywhere - 2010
- Geotagged iReports from President Obama's Inauguration - 2009
- Reflections on Dr. King's Dream - 2008