I’ve shared some additional answers to questions posted by students in the ProTechT digital citizenship project, but this time I’ve done so using VoiceThread so others can chime in and add additional thoughts. Please feel free to contribute to these discussions by adding your own ideas to these VoiceThreads!What do you do if someone sends you a lot of junk email? (VoiceThread slide 1)
What should i do if someone i don’t know sends me an e-mail? (VoiceThread slide 2) Do you think the internet will ever be safe? (VoiceThread – see slide #1)
Why do you think cyberbullying has increased and what can we do about it? (VoiceThread – see slides #2 and #3) In my answer to question 2 above, I referenced the YouTube video “Hero in the Hallway.” What prompted your participation in this wiki? Why do you feel so strongly about digital citizenship? Restated: Why is digital citizenship an important topic for learners today? (VoiceThread)
[tags]citizenship digitalcitizenship digital internet safety education school learning[/tags]
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Educational Technology Updates for January 2018 - 2018
- App Smash: Google Slides to Explain Everything to YouTube - 2016
- Thanks to Donors Choose Supporters of Classroom Sphero Project - 2015
- A Saturday Filled with Media Creation and #playingwithmedia - 2012
- Audio Podcasts Online for Technology Leadership: PLNs, Vision & PD - 2011
- Screencasts about finding copyright friendly media and using VoiceThread - 2010
- Latest Facebook Situation in Nashville Highlights Need for Social Media Guidelines in Schools - 2010
- Google Docs is NOT "clunky old PC software" - 2010
- Creativity, Interruptions, Boundaries and Leadership - 2009
- Reflections on EduCon 2.1 via an EdTechTalk Webcast - 2009