This podcast is a recording of Alan November’s first breakout session on January 31, 2008, at the MidWinter Conference of the OU K-20 Center held in Norman, Oklahoma, on the campus of the University of Oklahoma. The title of his session was “Using Technology for Building Learning Communities.” The program description was: We now have tools to build and strengthen our learning communities. We have the opportunity to provide our students with authentic assessment realtionships over the web that can help dramatically improve student motivation. We can take advantage of the communication tools the Internet provides, such as Instant Messenger, video conference or email. Research suggests many students are more willing to ask for help and accept criticism when they are online.
- Alan November’s website is November Learning: www.novemberlearning.com
- My text notes from Alan’s session
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Facilitating Student eBook and Book Publishing with Book Creator and Lulu - 2020
- EdTech Situation Room on Wednesday Nights - 2016
- MinecraftEDU Tips: An iPad Narrated Slideshow Created with @HaikuDeck & @ExplainEvrythng - 2014
- OKC #wordpress Users Group Meetup Notes: Jan 2011 #okcwp - 2011
- Fotopedia Heritage for iPad #edapps - 2011
- Martin Institute's Spring Feast Conference in Memphis: 3-4 Feb 2011 #micon - 2011
- Interactive Digital Native Map and the What's Your Issue Videography contest - 2010
- Audio and Video Sync Problem with QuickTime Player 7 YouTube Upload - 2010
- PollEverywhere supports poll grouping - 2010
- Podcast223: Strengthening America's Foundation in STEM Education by Dr. Steven Beering - 2008