This podcast is a recording from Thursday, February 21, 2008, on day two of a three day workshop shared as part of the Celebrate Oklahoma Voices project at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond. Participants had just spent an hour using their Olympus WS-110 portable digital audio recorders, Switch software, and Audacity software to create recorded interviews with each other about a variety of topics. We spent about twenty minutes discussing the challenges, obstacles, roadblocks, work-arounds, and learning points they encountered during their work time together. Celebrate Oklahoma Voices is a statewide digital storytelling project empowering learners to become digital witnesses, archiving local oral history and sharing that history safely on the global stage of the Internet. More information is available on our main project website celebrateoklahoma.us.
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices participant videos (on Ning)
- Celebrate Oklahoma Voices (main project website)
- Audacity software
- Switch software
- Gcast (used by a participant for distributed audio recording)
- Olympus WS-110 digital audio recorder
- Instructions for using the Olympus WS-110 recorder
- Blog post: Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters
- Participant social bookmarks (aggregated) for Celebrate Oklahoma Voices 2008
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- More EdCamps Coming: Tulsa, Andover (Kansas) & Stillwater - 2014
- Text Complexity for Common Core State Standards by Linda Everett - 2012
- Recent Developments in Oklahoma Teacher Evaluation by Louis Barlow - 2012
- Developing Student Thinking Skills for College, Career and Citizenship by Rebecca Wilkinson #ccss - 2012
- The Future is Now: IT in Common Core by Nick Migliorino - 2012
- Springer & Monson to Barresi: You Don't Have the Right to Take Over Our Public Schools in Oklahoma - 2012
- Fund the Dreams of Students Through The Generation Project - 2011
- Silvia Tolisano on Skype in the Classroom and Digital Storytelling - 2010
- Personalized Digital Newspapers - 2010
- Explorations enroute to and in Christchurch, New Zealand - 2009