I just wrapped up my second workshop at NCCE in Seattle, titled “Cell Phones for Learning.” Participants learned how to use Gabcast to record audio interviews “in the field” as well as Flickr upload by email to share digital photos. We took the photos (from Flickr) and web-posted mp3 files (from a new Gabcast channel we created) and pulled those media pieces into a short VoiceThread digital story.
This was great fun and I think a good learning experience for all workshop participants.
We also used cell phones as mobile recorders to add a new comment to the VoiceThread about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. which I started with students and teachers in Salina, Kansas, last month.
Liz Kolb posted yesterday about this functionality of VoiceThread on her blog, “From Toy To Tool: Cell Phones in Schools.”
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC February 2017 Learning Points - 2017
- Post an eBook from an iPad to Your Class Blog - 2012
- iPhone Video Edited with Splice - 2011
- Student Presentation on an iPad - 2011
- Brush Up on Modern Physics - Free - 2010
- Can you imagine this much global sharing? - 2010
- Geysers in Rotorua at Te Puia - 2009
- Podcast303: Transforming Pedagogy in NZ Schools, Duck Hunting in Hobbiton, the Easy Talk Microphone, and Kid Witness News - 2009
- Metered, commercial WiFi common in New Zealand - 2009
- Podcast134: Eric Langhorst on Teaching History with 21st Century Technology - 2007