This podcast is a recording of my final presentation at the NCCE 2008 conference in Seattle, Washington, on February 29, 2008. We were fortunate to have Dr. Scott Mcleod join us over Skype for the first ten minutes of this session from Mubai, India! The program description of my session was: Amazing new voice technologies are enabling classrooms to connect across distances and engage in collaborative projects using both synchronous and asychronous voice interactions such as interactive podcasting, Skype or Google Talk. This session presents examples of successful interactive podcasting and voice over IP (VOIP) classroom exchange projects, as well as discusses reasons why campus administrators and district leaders should encourage these types of collaborative projects to develop student literacy skills as well as content area knowledge.
- My presentation wiki including links to referenced resources
- Dr. Scott Mcleod’s blog, “Dangerously Irrelevant”
- NCCE 2008 website
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Video Tutorial: Virtual Office Hours with Google Hangouts Meet - 2020
- First STEM seeds Show: Monday March 3, 2014 - 2014
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- Normalize Audio Recordings Before Publishing a Podcast - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- 5 options for commenting on VoiceThread digital stories - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010