This podcast is a recording of a presentation I shared at the NCCE 2008 conference in Seattle, Washington, on February 29, 2008. Intellectual property law, Creative Commons licensed media, and the guidelines under which students can legally publish their ideas in a variety of multimedia formats on the OPEN WEB (accessible by anyone) are important issues for ALL teachers. Gone are the days when teachers could reasonably pass off questions about copyright issues to the district technology director: All teachers and instructors, as well as students from middle-elementary grades through college need to have an accurate and functional knowledge of intellectual property issues as they apply to legal media publishing. Fortunately, homegrown media as well as Creative Commons licensed media offer ways to go “around the mountain” of traditional copyright and intellectual property law which previously may have seemed to be an insurmountable obstacle for educators.
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- First STEM seeds Show: Monday March 3, 2014 - 2014
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- Normalize Audio Recordings Before Publishing a Podcast - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- 5 options for commenting on VoiceThread digital stories - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010
- Netbooks prove cloud computing is a reality - 2009