Alexander and I spent some time this morning working together to create a VoiceThread about his experiences in Washington DC this week. Full disclosure:
- Alexander is 10 and in 4th grade. He selected the images for this VoiceThread, which I had imported into iPhoto from my iPhone and exported to the desktop for him. We were going to just use five photos, but Alexander wanted to narrate 13.
- All the mousework / driving for this project was done by Alexander using VoiceThread.
- For each photo, he created a script which I transcribed for him. The narration is all in his own words, with just a few suggestions from me.
- We may add more links to more photos later. At this point Alexander just added a link to the WikiPedia page for the Library of Congress photo page.
- We used a M-Audio Producer USB microphone to create this VoiceThread on a MacBook laptop.
- Working together, it took us two hours to create this VoiceThread from scratch, using just photographs we already had, from start to finish.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Great reason NOT to use iBuildApp - 2014
- eBooks Sandbox: a space to share free eBook experiments! - 2012
- Secret iPhone Agreement (now public) and Apple User Ethics - 2010
- Platforms for idea sharing are essential (even family learning blogs) - 2010
- A projector in my pocket and a Netbook in my satchel - 2009
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns (CoSN 2009 closing keynote) - 2009
- Empowering 21st Century Superintendents to Achieve a Culture of Transformation through Technology - 2009
- The Sugar User-Interface Opportunity by Anne Gentle - 2009
- Google Apps: Implementation and Changing the Way We Do Business - 2009
- Navigating Beyond the Now: The Force, Trends, and Signals that will impact Learning in the Next Decade - 2009