I’ve added a link to the top of my blog today to a webinar I’m sharing on May 7, 2008, for the CILC (Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration) entitled, “Quick Victories for Blended Learning.” I first heard the term “quick victories” from Marco Torres, during or after one of his presentations at the MACE 2007 conference in Manhattan, Kansas. (My notes from his keynote are available.)
I am certainly interested and committed to the goal of comprehensive school reform, but I also recognize the need teachers have for instructional strategies, tools, and ideas which can be readily implemented in their classroom right away, without a need for securing large amounts of grant funding or other resources. How can I more effectively use the technology tools available in my classroom today, to design and invent learning tasks for students which have a high probability of authentically engaging them? That is the topic I will tackle in this upcoming webinar, with a specific focus on blended learning tools including digital storytelling.
I have not completed a new wiki curriculum page for this workshop, but will be working on it in upcoming weeks. You can check out my presentations and workshops on blended learning and digital storytelling in the meantime. 🙂
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- You Need to Be Talking about Phishing and Ransomware - 2017
- First Choose Your Own Adventure Story with Twine: The Spark - 2014
- #cuemacul Ed Tech Road Trip Meetup in Oklahoma City March 18th #OkEdtweetup - 2013
- Jailbroken or not, Google Voice is available on your iPhone - 2010
- Reviewing Captain Underpants and other favorite books on Ustream - 2009
- A First Place Tie for Film on the Fly about Pi - 2009
- Podcast238: K-12 Online Conference - Free Professional Development on Web 2.0 Technologies - 2008