Two metaphors describe my professional work environment of late: fast moving cheese and a rollercoaster:
If you are unsure about my allusion to cheese, I’m referring to Spencer Johnson’s book about adapting to change, “Who Moved My Cheese?”
I probably should be keeping a list of all the things I cannot blog about, so I will be able to recall and write about them later in life when I am less constrained in my prudent expressive possibilities.
For now I will merely observe that the world of business can be extremely dynamic. This can be exciting, but also disconcerting. Lately I have felt like I’m wearing a sign on my forehead which reads, “Please move my cheese today.”
Things are changing quickly.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Tips and Strategies for Remote Learning (March 2020) - 2020
- 4 Free WordPress Plugins to Reduce Comment Spam - 2014
- Add Music to iPad Stopmotion Videos with YouTube Capture - 2014
- Yukon Review Covers Spring Break 2013 Oklahoma Scratch Camp - 2013
- Open Access Crimes - 2012
- John Dewey on Playing with Ideas - 2012
- Digital Citizenship Lesson from Gilbert Gottfried: The (former) Voice of the Aflac Duck - 2011
- iPad as an Interactive White Board for $5 or $10 - 2011
- Google Reader Play - Just in time for iPad launch - 2010
- Thoughts on health care reform and corporate lobbying power - 2010