This podcast is an audio recording of a fifteen minute press conference held on April 1, 2008, at the Oklahoma Heritage Association in downtown Oklahoma City. During this event, AT&T Oklahoma President Don Cain announced $100,000 of new grant funding from the AT&T Foundation for Oklahoma non-profit organizations. These groups include the Oklahoma Heritage Association, the Oklahoma Art Museum, and the Oklahoma National Memorial Museum. Grant funds provided to the Oklahoma Heritage Association will support expansion of the Celebrate Oklahoma Voices project, which is a statewide digital storytelling initiative which began as the Oklahoma Digital Centennial project. The Oklahoma Art Museum will be expanding its virtual exhibits as well as its offered podcasts. The Oklahoma National Memorial Museum, among other things, will use its grant funding to create cell phone audio tours for visitors to the Memorial and Museum.
- The AT&T Foundation
- The Oklahoma Heritage Association
- The Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Project (formerly the Oklahoma Digital Centennial Project)
- The Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Ning (social network and videos)
- Oklahoma City Museum Of Art
- Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum
- OnCell Systems (cell phone audio tours)
- Guide by Cell (cell phone audio tours)
- Howe Public School (Oklahoma) high school students win KC3 2008 (nationwide virtual field trip contest)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Update and Manage Multiple WordPress Sites with InfiniteWP - 2013
- Playing with Media eBook Available on Google Play: For SubText Users! - 2013
- Speaking Out Against Common Core High Stakes Testing & Corporate Driven Education Reform - 2013
- Podcast374: iPads for Differentiation in a Primary Classroom - 2011
- What does a 21st century learner look like? - 2010
- New Media Literacies by Vanessa Vartabedian - 2010
- Google introduces translation for animals - 2010
- Professional Development Opportunities Over Video via the CILC - 2009
- Test Anxiety Woes - 2009
- Join The New Energy Army's Virtual March on Washington Today - 2009