We finished up another great Celebrate Oklahoma Voices 2 1/2 day workshop today, and twenty Oklahoma teachers have now been introduced to digital storytelling and submitted their digital stories to our growing archive in our COV Ning website. Because we had twenty participants for this session, which is twice the size we’ve normally had in the past, we divided into two groups at the end of the workshop for our “digital show and tell” sharing time. Several participants created digital stories which are tributes to members of their own family, and these were the most touching stories I was able to hear today. (I’ve just heard and seen 10 of the stories so far, I need to view the rest online on our Ning site. These are a few examples:
As I wrote last month in the post, “Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters,” this project is about MUCH more than just digital storytelling. There are few professional activities I find more rewarding than helping teachers learn how to become effective digital storytellers.
Besides Ning, the main other web 2.0 tools we shared with teachers was del.icio.us and the Flickr Creative Commons image search. All our links from our 2008 workshops are aggregated on http://del.icio.us/tag/cov08.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 15 Minute Snapchat 101 Tutorial - 2016
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Webcasting with the Seedlings: In the Sprankle Podcave! - 2010
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- Podcast143: The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education (Paul Resta) - 2007
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007