We finished up another great Celebrate Oklahoma Voices 2 1/2 day workshop today, and twenty Oklahoma teachers have now been introduced to digital storytelling and submitted their digital stories to our growing archive in our COV Ning website. Because we had twenty participants for this session, which is twice the size we’ve normally had in the past, we divided into two groups at the end of the workshop for our “digital show and tell” sharing time. Several participants created digital stories which are tributes to members of their own family, and these were the most touching stories I was able to hear today. (I’ve just heard and seen 10 of the stories so far, I need to view the rest online on our Ning site. These are a few examples:
As I wrote last month in the post, “Why Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Matters,” this project is about MUCH more than just digital storytelling. There are few professional activities I find more rewarding than helping teachers learn how to become effective digital storytellers.
Besides Ning, the main other web 2.0 tools we shared with teachers was del.icio.us and the Flickr Creative Commons image search. All our links from our 2008 workshops are aggregated on http://del.icio.us/tag/cov08.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Print a QR Code for an AudioBoo Recording - 2014
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 2 of 2) - 2012
- The Art & Science of Teaching by Dr. Phil Warrick (part 1 of 2) - 2012
- Webcasting with the Seedlings: In the Sprankle Podcave! - 2010
- Schools using Twitter for parent and community communication - 2008
- links for 2008-04-02 - 2008
- Podcast143: The Changing Landscape of the Global Digital Divide: Opportunities and Challenges for Teacher Education (Paul Resta) - 2007
- OLPC and the IDC test (innovation, differentiation & collaboration) - 2007
- Ruckus, DRM and IP (intellectual property) - 2007
- The boss button - 2007