This past week, I’ve experimented with the “daily blog posting” option of del.icio.us:
I have my del.icio.us account set to auto-post my publicly shared social bookmarks at 0800 GMT each day, which should be 3 am US Central time. (For some reason it works out to be about 3:30 am US Central.) You can view examples of link posts from this past week here, here, here and here. I know a few other bloggers who have integrated this auto-blogging feature into their blogs for quite awhile. I had wondered how they did this, and am just now getting around to exploring this option/ability.
What is your opinion of having these link lists auto-posted as blog entries? Is this helpful? Distracting? Unnecessary? Great?
I am planning to start exploring diigo in earnest in the next week or so, since I understand (in a very shallow way at this point) that diigo permits cross-posting / saving of bookmarks to del.icio.us but also offers additional great functionality. I’ve saved a few posts and presentations about diigo to del.icio.us/wfryer/diigo which I plan to review soon.
At this point I’m convinced I need to investigate and explore diigo… Here, however, I’m really interested to know what others think of auto-blogged social bookmark lists. Opinions?
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Find and Use the Best Channel for Home WiFi with Wireless Diagnostics - 2014
- Save a TeacherTube Video Temporarily to Your Laptop - 2012
- US debt and government borrowing must end now - 2011
- Creative Music Making on YouTube with Four iPhones - 2010
- Telling the story of last Friday's PD in Maine with PhotoPeach - 2010
- Join me virtually Monday night for our local school board meeting on CoverItLive - 2009
- My 1st Gen MacBook doesn't like heat - 2009
- links for 2008-04-05 - 2008
- Blog tools keep getting better - 2007
- MIDI keyboard advice? - 2007