This past week, I’ve experimented with the “daily blog posting” option of del.icio.us:
I have my del.icio.us account set to auto-post my publicly shared social bookmarks at 0800 GMT each day, which should be 3 am US Central time. (For some reason it works out to be about 3:30 am US Central.) You can view examples of link posts from this past week here, here, here and here. I know a few other bloggers who have integrated this auto-blogging feature into their blogs for quite awhile. I had wondered how they did this, and am just now getting around to exploring this option/ability.
What is your opinion of having these link lists auto-posted as blog entries? Is this helpful? Distracting? Unnecessary? Great?
I am planning to start exploring diigo in earnest in the next week or so, since I understand (in a very shallow way at this point) that diigo permits cross-posting / saving of bookmarks to del.icio.us but also offers additional great functionality. I’ve saved a few posts and presentations about diigo to del.icio.us/wfryer/diigo which I plan to review soon.
At this point I’m convinced I need to investigate and explore diigo… Here, however, I’m really interested to know what others think of auto-blogged social bookmark lists. Opinions?
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- 5 Reasons You Should Join Me on Mastodon - 2017
- Cognitive Dissonance and Segregated Oklahoma Schools - 2015
- Find and Use the Best Channel for Home WiFi with Wireless Diagnostics - 2014
- Save a TeacherTube Video Temporarily to Your Laptop - 2012
- US debt and government borrowing must end now - 2011
- Creative Music Making on YouTube with Four iPhones - 2010
- Telling the story of last Friday's PD in Maine with PhotoPeach - 2010
- Join me virtually Monday night for our local school board meeting on CoverItLive - 2009
- My 1st Gen MacBook doesn't like heat - 2009
- links for 2008-04-05 - 2008