A personal first for me this evening: I created my first Facebook application! Before you get impressed, understand this was a wizard-based process that I followed, using instructions provided on our Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Ning website. The application shows random videos uploaded by participants in our statewide digital storytelling project.
I think “creating” this application puts me more in the category of a white hat script kiddie than a true “developer” of a social networking application. Still, this is pretty cool, and hopefully a constructive way to promote more awareness about our Celebrate Oklahoma Voices digital storytelling project. If you are a Facebook user, please check out the application and consider adding it to your profile page! 🙂
More information about Facebook development is available. If you have a Ning social network and would like to create your own promotional Facebook application, the easiest way is to click MANAGE in your Ning top navigation bar and under “Promote Your Network” click “Facebook Promotion.” Then just follow the steps. Whoa-la! You can be a Facebook developer too!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Explain Everything Minecraft iPad Project (Treehouse Challenge on Area & Perimeter) - 2015
- Oklahoma Legislators: Don't Repeal Common Core Standards, Instead Reject High Stakes Testing - 2014
- Tips for Getting Started with AppleTV Mirroring - 2014
- A Five Photo Story for this Week - 2012
- Info Curation and Aggregation Services, Tools & Apps - 2012
- Apple Believes technology is not all you need, but a critical tool - 2011
- cnbc8. com Facebook hack / phishing scam - 2010
- Results in learning: What are ways we can assess the impact to teaching and learning? #i11i #vanmeter - 2010
- Be The Change You Want To See In Schools by Shannon Miller #vanmeter #i11i (library perspectives) - 2010
- Fluency 3.0 by Angela Maiers #i11i - 2010