This podcast features an interview with Oklahoma K-12 educator Lance Ford, who has recently custom modded his Honda Element with an in-car 7″ touch LCD screen, a Mac Mini computer, and an AT&T wireless network card to create his own mobile commander: A vehicle for mobile computing, desktop videoconferencing, and webcasting. In this interview (conducted from inside his Honda Element) Lance describes the functionality, hardware, software, and development process for his digitally pimped ride. Lance Ford is the director of technology for Howe Public Schools in southeastern Oklahoma, and won an Outstanding Leadership by an Individual in the Field of Distance Learning award at the USDLA 2008 National Conference held in St. Louis Missouri last week. Lance Ford is the Oklahoma Mac Jedi. I aspire to be his Padawan! 🙂
- Homepage of Lance Ford
- Howe Public Schools, Howe, Oklahoma
- Flickr Photo Set of Lance Ford (Mac Jedi) Mobile Commander
- The Honda Element
- Xenarc Technologies – MDT-X7000 – 7″ IN-DASH Touchscreen LCD VGA Monitor
- Mac Mini computer
- Sierra Wireless AirCard 881 USB Modem
- AT&T 3G Cellular Network Technology
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast452: Classroom Wireless Projection Options, Coding, Toy Hacking, CyberSecurity & More from ATLIS 2017 - 2017
- Comparing Risks and Benefits of a PreTeen YouTube Channel - 2016
- A Touching Sign Language Performance of David Phelps: No More Night - 2012
- Using iPadio to Create a Final Exam Study Guide Phonecast - 2011
- What I Hope You Learned (A Technology 4 Teachers Pecha Kutcha Presentation) - 2010
- Podcast347: Be The Change You Want To See In Schools - 2010
- Graffiti at Classen SAS - 2010
- Day 2 of SMART Notebook training at CSD - 2009
- Visualizing Progress - 2009
- Podcast250: An Overview of Streaming Video Formats, Standards, Technologies, and Considerations from John Copeland of VBrick - 2008