Chris Walsh recently let me know about an intriguing summertime travel, PD, and curriculum development opportunity with Big Tree Learning. Chris and others with Big Tree are looking for “Rock Star Teachers” to help with curriculum development for 3-4 weeks in San Francisco, and a stipend is provided. Read more and submit an application form on the Big Tree Learning website. If Chris Walsh is involved, it’s sure to be:
- Focused on engaged learning and progressive ideas for the classroom.
- Cutting edge technologically.
If you’re not familiar with Chris, his ideas and his work, be sure to check out his blog as well as the video channel on the Infinite Thinking Machine! The video podcasts for the ITM have not updated lately because of funding issues, but blog posts on the ITM continue. I’m looking forward to stepping up my own contributions there starting this summer after NECC.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009
- Powerful Ingredients for Digitally Interactive Learning in Amarillo May 16th - 2009
- Adware blocked by OpenDNS - 2008