Chris Walsh recently let me know about an intriguing summertime travel, PD, and curriculum development opportunity with Big Tree Learning. Chris and others with Big Tree are looking for “Rock Star Teachers” to help with curriculum development for 3-4 weeks in San Francisco, and a stipend is provided. Read more and submit an application form on the Big Tree Learning website. If Chris Walsh is involved, it’s sure to be:
- Focused on engaged learning and progressive ideas for the classroom.
- Cutting edge technologically.
If you’re not familiar with Chris, his ideas and his work, be sure to check out his blog as well as the video channel on the Infinite Thinking Machine! The video podcasts for the ITM have not updated lately because of funding issues, but blog posts on the ITM continue. I’m looking forward to stepping up my own contributions there starting this summer after NECC. 😉
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin Misunderstands Testing and School Quality - 2017
- 30 Reasons I Love Teaching Elementary STEM - 2015
- Quick Edit Video: Water Bottle Rocket Launch - 2014
- 3rd Graders Research Animals with 4 iPads, AudioBoo and PebbleGo - 2013
- iPad Media Camp in Oklahoma City: July 11, 12 & 13, 2012 - 2012
- Common Core Guitar Songs, Lady Gaga Remixes & Commercial Underwriters - 2012
- Podcast378: The EdReach Media Network - Empowering Educator Voices Worldwide - 2011
- Google Docs on the iPad with Office2 Pro - 2010
- Conan on the iPad - 2010
- Podcast315: Exemplary Educational Entrepreneurship in Higher Education - The Fort Hays State University Connection to China by Dr. Edward Hammond - 2009