I’m sharing the keynote address tomorrow morning here in Richardson, Texas, for Education Service Center Region 10’s 14th Annual Technology Planning Conference. The theme this year is “Assessment for a Web 2.0 World.” I shared a keynote here two years ago titled “The Vocabulary of 21st Century Learning.” It would be interesting to compare my message and ideas two years later and see what has changed, and what has not!
I’ve reworked my slides from last week’s CILC webinar on “Quick Victories for Blended Learning” to focus specifically on the ways web 2.0 tools can be used for assessment. I always like to utilize some video in my keynote presentations, and when looking for a new video to share I came across “A Vision of K-12 Students Today” which is similarly styled to Michael Wesch’s “A Vision of Students Today” but created with students from K-12 classrooms instead of a university. Thanks to David Warlick, however, I discovered the video “Learning to change” created by by Pearson for CoSN to use in public advocacy, and posted to YouTube by Greg Whitby as well as COSN. The final version of this video is titled “Learning to Change — Changing to Learn” and is the video I’m going to use to help frame my presentation tomorrow:
I’m titling my keynote “The Assessment Menu in our Web 2.0 World.” I’ve posted my presentation slides as a PDF file, and will attempt to broadcast and archive my presentation tomorrow on Ustream.tv since my wife generously loaned me her laptop for this trip. The presentation is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am US Central time. Please join us if you can! Moving at the Speed of Creativity Live from Ustream
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 12 Gigs in 3 Minutes - 2014
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Article consumption on the go - 2008