If you have not already, be sure to mark your fall (northern hemisphere) or spring (southern hemisphere) calendar for the 2008 K-12 Online Conference. The 2008 conference theme is “Amplifying Possibilities.” This year’s conference begins with a pre-conference keynote the week of October 13, 2008. The following two weeks, October 20-24 and October 27-31, forty presentations will be posted online to the conference blog for participants to download and view. Live Events in the form of three “Fireside Chats” and a culminating “When Night Falls” event will be announced. A call for proposals has been released, with a deadline of June 23rd. Selected presentations will be announced at NECC on July 2nd.
This evening, following a 2+ hour conveners meeting, we recorded a brief (13 minute) podcast discussing this year’s conference theme and selection criteria for conference keynotes.
In addition to checking out this latest podcast, please add the K12Online08 conference badge to your blog, wiki, or other educational website to let others know about the conference. We have updated the same graphic we’ve used the past two years, so if you placed our conference badge on your website previously it should already be showing the logo for 2008!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Teachers as Prophets: The Power to "PROF-a-sigh" Into Students' Futures - 2019
- Ordering Supplies for STEMseeds Camp: Jitterbug Robots - 2015
- Donate via SMS Now to Help Oklahoma Tornado Victims - 2013
- WordPress Feed Error with Whitespace or Extra Line Breaks Fixed - 2013
- Google Play eBooks, Copyright, and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz - 2012
- Podcast318: Empowering Students as Digital Witnesses (Storychasing Part I - PodStock09 Keynote) - 2009
- links for 2008-05-20 - 2008
- Schools need to respond to the technological power play - 2007
- GPS Advice? - 2006
- Custom lego cool creations - 2006