If you are a principal, teacher or other school employee involved in conducting teacher interviews, be sure to check out David Warlick’s latest podcast for Connect Learning, “Episode 98 — More Conversation with Chris Lehmann.” Chris is the principal of the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia. SLA is an exemplary school for many reasons, but clearly one of the important ones is the vision of its leadership team.
To hear more about Chris’ vision for leading a truly student-centered school, have a listen to his COSN panel discussion with Rae Niles and Elaine Wrenn from this past March. I hope my own children are fortunate enough to attend a high school with a principal as inspirational, appropriately focused, and passionate about learning as well as kids as Chris Lehman.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Why Your School Needs a Scratch Club [VIDEO] - 2013
- Help My Son's Debate Teacher Whose Home Was Destroyed by the Moore Tornado - 2013
- Scratch Camp in Edmond, Oklahoma: June 8-9, 2012 - 2012
- iPad Notetaking: NOT Impressed with PaperPort Notes App - 2012
- Passion Projects, Learning and Innovation - 2011
- Dropped iPad - 2010
- Why Storychasing is relevant for all educators - Contextual learning about copyright is important - 2009
- Burning a DVD of a web-based video quick - 2009
- links for 2008-05-22 - 2008
- Neighbors on my WiFi? False Alarm? - 2008