“Meet the Robinsons” is one of my favorite movies for many reasons. The way in which the film celebrates creativity, innovation, and perseverance in the face of difficult circumstances is wonderful. Louis, the hero, is an aspiring science fair inventor, who eventually realizes his dreams and creates (or discovers) inventions which help shape the world into better, greener, and more beautiful forms.
In Ontario, Canada, 16-year-old science fair contestant Daniel Burd may be a real-life Lewis Robinson. According to Brandon Keim writing on the Wired blog, Burd conducted experiments for his science fair project which “isolated the microbial munchers” which can make plastic decompose in three months rather than thousands of years.
What a fantastic discovery! Kudos to you, Daniel! May your science fair project launch you, like Lewis Robinson, into a successful and rewarding career as a scientist, engineer and inventor! We desperately need your assistance NOW.
Here’s my suggestion for your next project: Nuclear fusion at room temperature. Naysayers will tell you it can’t be done, but don’t believe them. You CAN do it. Keep moving forward! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Puerto Rican Blackout: Bank Regulation, Bureaucratic Inefficiency and Leadership - 2018
- Inspiration from a Navy Seal (William McRaven) and NBA Player (Caron Butler) - 2014
- Controversy Surrounds OKCPS Transfer Rejections for ClassenSAS - 2013
- Migrating Podcasts from a Web Host to Amazon S3 - 2013
- Gotta Keep Learning! Video Remix by Steed Elementary Students in Oklahoma - 2011
- Painting with LED Light Pens and Sidewalk Chalk - 2010
- We've come so far, so fast - And we need more digital witnesses in the Oklahoma panhandle! - 2009
- Amazed by international connections - 2008
- Reflections on IQ, cognitive development, and distributed learning - 2008
- Diigo difficulties - 2008