I’m continuing to use Diigo to save and tag my Internet website finds, and have Diigo cross-post my entries to del.icio.us, but there are two specific things I haven’t been able to do with Diigo which are frustrating. Perhaps others can provide some help with these situations.
My first difficulty involves saving the URL to an online PDF file directly. I have the Diigo toolbar installed in both Flock and Firefox, but neither of these browsers (on the Mac side) will open a PDF file directly. Instead, they utilize helper applications to view PDFs. With del.icio.us, I can click the “post” link and then manually enter the URL for a PDF file, and save it to my social bookmarks that way. I don’t see a similar option in Diigo, and I can’t use the Diigo toolbar in my PDF helper application (Preview.) The article I’m trying to save today is “Blended Learning: The Convergence of Online and Face-to-Face Education” from NACOL. Help! Any ideas or suggestions?
My second difficulty involves wanting to use Diigo on my iPhone like I’ve used del.icio.us. Is this possible? I used the browser-neutral “post to del.icio.us” link previously on my iPhone and that worked great, but I don’t know of a link that will work like this on my iPhone.
If you have suggestions or workarounds for either of these situations, I’d love to hear your ideas! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Puerto Rican Blackout: Bank Regulation, Bureaucratic Inefficiency and Leadership - 2018
- Inspiration from a Navy Seal (William McRaven) and NBA Player (Caron Butler) - 2014
- Controversy Surrounds OKCPS Transfer Rejections for ClassenSAS - 2013
- Migrating Podcasts from a Web Host to Amazon S3 - 2013
- Gotta Keep Learning! Video Remix by Steed Elementary Students in Oklahoma - 2011
- Painting with LED Light Pens and Sidewalk Chalk - 2010
- We've come so far, so fast - And we need more digital witnesses in the Oklahoma panhandle! - 2009
- Amazed by international connections - 2008
- Reflections on IQ, cognitive development, and distributed learning - 2008
- A science fair project changing the world? - 2008