I’m continuing to use Diigo to save and tag my Internet website finds, and have Diigo cross-post my entries to del.icio.us, but there are two specific things I haven’t been able to do with Diigo which are frustrating. Perhaps others can provide some help with these situations.
My first difficulty involves saving the URL to an online PDF file directly. I have the Diigo toolbar installed in both Flock and Firefox, but neither of these browsers (on the Mac side) will open a PDF file directly. Instead, they utilize helper applications to view PDFs. With del.icio.us, I can click the “post” link and then manually enter the URL for a PDF file, and save it to my social bookmarks that way. I don’t see a similar option in Diigo, and I can’t use the Diigo toolbar in my PDF helper application (Preview.) The article I’m trying to save today is “Blended Learning: The Convergence of Online and Face-to-Face Education” from NACOL. Help! Any ideas or suggestions?
My second difficulty involves wanting to use Diigo on my iPhone like I’ve used del.icio.us. Is this possible? I used the browser-neutral “post to del.icio.us” link previously on my iPhone and that worked great, but I don’t know of a link that will work like this on my iPhone.
If you have suggestions or workarounds for either of these situations, I’d love to hear your ideas!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Inspiration from a Navy Seal (William McRaven) and NBA Player (Caron Butler) - 2014
- Controversy Surrounds OKCPS Transfer Rejections for ClassenSAS - 2013
- Migrating Podcasts from a Web Host to Amazon S3 - 2013
- Gotta Keep Learning! Video Remix by Steed Elementary Students in Oklahoma - 2011
- Painting with LED Light Pens and Sidewalk Chalk - 2010
- We've come so far, so fast - And we need more digital witnesses in the Oklahoma panhandle! - 2009
- Amazed by international connections - 2008
- Reflections on IQ, cognitive development, and distributed learning - 2008
- A science fair project changing the world? - 2008
- links for 2008-05-27 - 2008