You’re invited to join in the conversation this evening at 9 pm US Eastern time (8 pm Central) on the Teachers Teaching Teachers channel of EdTechTalk, discussing (among other things I’m sure) the ideas raised in last Saturday’s ITM blog post, “A Quest for NetFlix Plus Functionality for Books – for Young Readers!” as well as the comments shared by others. For folks outside the U.S. this is 01:00 UTC Thursday.
Thanks to Susan Ettenheim, Joyce Valenza, and Paul Allison for sparking and encouraging this conversation! I finally (I know I’m slow) listened to the K12Online07 presentation “EdTechTalk: A Network of Homegrown Webcasters” this morning driving into work, and I have a feeling this dynamic and passionate group of educators (who comprise the growing EdTechTalk community) may entice me to become a webcaster myself before long.
If you’ve used or have opinions about Shelfari, Goodreads, LibraryThing, or other social networking book websites for adults – and think the functionality offered by these sites holds great promise for student READING and LITERACY, please join us tonight on EdTechTalk at 9 pm Eastern / 8 pm Central! If you miss the conversation live it will be archived, of course, but it’s so much more fun and engaging to tune in live!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Students Teach About Redstone Wiring in Minecraft - 2014
- Podcast415: Igniting Create, Make & Learn and iPad Media Camp - 2014
- Summertime and the Learning is Easy? - 2010
- Wanna Hitch? Tether Your Android or Blackberry Phone - 2010
- Technology Professional Development and Chocolate Cake - 2009
- links for 2008-07-16 - 2008
- Digital storytelling ideas from David and Dean - 2007
- Virtual Speed Dating (Web 2.0 style) intro - 2007
- About being Canadian - 2006
- Nixon, Mark Felt, and Peggy Noonan - 2005