Here is a list of applications that can be beneficial to schools and individuals. Many of these applications are compiled for both a linux and windows environment. However there are a few below that will only work in linux or windows. Feel free to contact
freshmeat maintains the Web’s largest index of Unix and cross-platform software, themes and related “eye-candy”, and Palm OS software. Thousands of applications, which are preferably released under an open source license, are meticulously cataloged in the
Koolu is a Canadian company started by Andrew Greig and Jon “maddog” Hall, which aim is to provide low-power computer appliances powered by free- and open-source software.
a small, fast operating system running from CDs, USB sticks and hard disks
Fish4Info is a next generation library portal that seeks to make the library catalog a socially engaging destination by integrating web 2.0 technology with the catalog.
This site is for all of the teachers and school staff of Oakland County’s K-12 districts who wish to share information and communicate with each other on topics specific to public education.
Mike Schmoker argues convincingly that if student achievement is to improve, especially in the higher-order proficiencies, instruction will necessarily have to change and improve simultaneously. He sets out a clear but simple agenda to achieve such a tra
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Favorite Videos from iPad Media Camp - 2012
- Brainstorming Conference & PD Session Topics for 2011-2012 - 2011
- We SAW the International Space Station Fly Over Oklahoma City! - 2011
- Podcast353: Free, Online K-12 Education Options for ALL Oklahoma Students via Epic One on One Charter School - 2010
- 6 WordPress blogs all updated to WP 2.8.2 - 2009
- Full Solar Eclipse Images - 2009
- First experiences with web-based digital story editing: JumpCut! - 2008
- Podcast174: Relevance in the Attention Economy Part 1: Key Ideas - 2007
- Yellowhouse Canyon: A Place-Based Writing Experiment - 2005
- Photos from Baghdad, email from Central Asia - 2003