This podcast features a recording with Steven Smith, a wonderful re-enactor of Benjamin Franklin, at the 2008 Oklahoma A+ Schools Conference on August 1st. In the character of Benjamin Franklin, Steven recounts historial events of his life as an inventor, statesman, author and civic activist. If there is a more memorable and impactful way to learn about historical characters than having an animated conversation like this one with Benjamin Franklin, I’m not sure what they are! This was a lot of fun! Thanks to Steven for granting this interview and permission to share it online. Steven role plays several characters in addition to Ben Franklin including Peter Cartwright, Professor B Looney and Tupper the Clown. Visit the podcast shownotes for links to his websites. He is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but shares his wit, wisdom and life lessons with audiences young and old around the United States.
- Blooney.com – Website of Steven Smith
- Oklahoma Arts Council website for storyteller Stephen Robert Smith: AKA Ben Franklin
- Christian Sanity Theater website for Stephen Robert Smith
- WikiPedia article for Benjamin Franklin
- Oklahoma A+ Schools
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- TEDx Video Conversation Night - 2015
- Quickstart Guide for iMovie '09 - 2010
- Believe in Me (Inspirational video for the start of school) - 2009
- A Storychasers code of ethics, remembering Lee Baber - 2008
- Tragedy on the Kingfisher bridge - 2007
- MTI 2006 presos on Kan-Ed Live! - 2006
- Grocery store advertising goes more multimedia - 2005
- Forgotten 1-year-old found dead in mother's vehicle - 2005