My name is Luna and I’m a Stanford student interning at Cooliris. Your blog always has great topics for educators and I thought that you’d be interested in our free browser add-on, PicLens.
PicLens features a full-screen interactive 3D Wall that revolutionizes the way images are viewed on the web. With PicLens, viewers can seamlessly browse thousands of images and videos in seconds. It’s a great tool at schools. Students can easily and quickly conduct visual research with PicLens and teachers can utilize the PicLens to give PowerPoint presentations through the captivating and fluid display.
Words can’t quite do PicLens justice so here is a link to a visual demo: http://piclens.com/demo. To find out how to use PicLens to display PowerPoint presentation, please visit http://blog.cooliris.com.
I hope you and your readers enjoy PicLens. I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and I look forward to hearing your feedback.
All the Best,
Luna and The Cooliris Team
I rarely respond to email announcements like this, but I did in this case. (Hopefully this will not result in a deluge of additional email. I’ve got enough!) What can I say? WOW.
Thanks to some very clever programming and the power of user-created tagged images, PicLens provides a potentially amazing portal into virtually any place or topic. Want to tap the power of visual literacy to explore a subject with your students? Give PicLens a try. (Of course Flickr will have to be unblocked in your location…..)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create and Share InfoPics to Show What You Know - 2017
- Podcast407: Educreations in Your Classroom: Use Narrated Slideshows to Enhance Learning by Jamie Reynolds and Amy Paden - 2013
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- iPhone Videography from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008