My name is Luna and I’m a Stanford student interning at Cooliris. Your blog always has great topics for educators and I thought that you’d be interested in our free browser add-on, PicLens.
PicLens features a full-screen interactive 3D Wall that revolutionizes the way images are viewed on the web. With PicLens, viewers can seamlessly browse thousands of images and videos in seconds. It’s a great tool at schools. Students can easily and quickly conduct visual research with PicLens and teachers can utilize the PicLens to give PowerPoint presentations through the captivating and fluid display.
Words can’t quite do PicLens justice so here is a link to a visual demo: http://piclens.com/demo. To find out how to use PicLens to display PowerPoint presentation, please visit http://blog.cooliris.com.
I hope you and your readers enjoy PicLens. I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and I look forward to hearing your feedback.
All the Best,
Luna and The Cooliris Team
I rarely respond to email announcements like this, but I did in this case. (Hopefully this will not result in a deluge of additional email. I’ve got enough!) What can I say? WOW.
Thanks to some very clever programming and the power of user-created tagged images, PicLens provides a potentially amazing portal into virtually any place or topic. Want to tap the power of visual literacy to explore a subject with your students? Give PicLens a try. (Of course Flickr will have to be unblocked in your location…..)
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast407: Educreations in Your Classroom: Use Narrated Slideshows to Enhance Learning by Jamie Reynolds and Amy Paden - 2013
- Automate Email Updates to Parents from Your Classroom Blog - 2012
- Using Social Media to Improve Classroom and School Communications - 2012
- Adventure Based Learning by Brian Dufresne #wildtech - 2011
- Capture: Setting Up Traps to Organize Mountains of Information #wildtech - 2011
- Trends, Tools & Tactics for 21st Century Learning #wildtech - 2011
- Smart Networks #wildtech - 2011
- iPhone Videography from Glacier National Park - 2011
- Storychasing the 2008 XIT Rodeo and Ranch - 2008
- This is why we have so few laptop initiatives in Oklahoma - 2008