The Media Awareness Network (MNet) is home to one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of media education and Internet literacy resources. The website has a wide variety of free resources for teachers (en)(fr), parents (en)(fr), and students (en)(fr).
One of their special initiatives is the Be Web Aware (en)(fr) program, which includes many helpful tips for teens using social software, instant messaging, blogs, and web search. The resources are available in both French and English.
- Media Awareness Network (en) (fr)
- Tout savoir sur… les blogues
- Are You Web Aware? – Blogs
- Be Web Aware (en)(fr)
- Yahoo! Safely
- Connect Safely
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- RATs, WebCams & Online Predators: More Reasons to Ditch Windows-based PCs Forever - 2013
- Radio Spot for iPad With Wes Workshop in Oklahoma City: Friday, September 14th - 2012
- Ways to Subscribe to a Blog in Google Reader on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch - 2011
- Watch Flash Videos & Play Flash Games on iOS Devices - 2011
- Multiple Choice Testing on an iPod Touch with NearPod - 2011
- Do You Realize? (21st Century Education in New Brunswick, Canada) - 2010
- A gaggle of AudioBoos from the Oklahoma City Zoo - 2009
- Podcast180: Conversations about Digital Social Networking and Internet Safety - 2007
- Download offline copy of a VoiceThread digital story? - 2007
- Fun with 43 places, 43 things - 2005