Please join me this evening on EdTechTalk’s “Teachers are Talking” webcast at 7:30 pm eastern / 6:30 pm central time. Our conversation will probably range far and wide, but the following are some focus questions Cheryl Lykowski sent me to prepare for:
1. Tell us about K12 Online.
2. What is the K12 Online unconference?
3. Tell us about Storychasers.
4. What issues do you see teachers/districts making progress with?
5. What issues do you see teachers/districts stuck on?
Following that webcast, you are welcome to join in our third Storychasers brainstorming session which will begin at 9 pm eastern / 8 pm central. Among other things I expect we’ll discuss the new StoryChaser’s wiki site, the “Project Entry Points” page and ideas, and other pages which need to be added to the wiki in the weeks ahead. We’ll also discuss ideas for creating a presentation about Storychasers for notk12onlineconference.org.
To join the StoryChasers brainstorming session, visit the Ustream.tv page for “Moving at the Speed of Creativity Live” at the start of the meetup.
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast408: Redefining the Science Classroom by Autumn Laidler - 2013
- Jonah Lehrer, Integrity and Quotation Fabrication: A Case Study in Writing Ethics - 2012
- Podcast355: Cool Tech Tools for the Classroom by Cheryl Freeman - 2010
- A New DNA of Pedagogy and Learning (YouTube video - Greg Whitby by Marco Torres) - 2010
- Great Lineup of Keynote Speakers for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Questioning the potential value of Skype and videoconferencing in the classroom? - 2009
- Another digital divide: Understanding Learning Community Power - 2009
- Comments about Oklahoma education from Kirk Humphreys - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education by V. Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State Univ - 2008
- Notes from Dr. Pedro Noguera’s Keynote at BLC08: "Changing the Culture of Schools: Creating Conditions that Promote Student Achievement" - 2008