Please join me this evening on EdTechTalk’s “Teachers are Talking” webcast at 7:30 pm eastern / 6:30 pm central time. Our conversation will probably range far and wide, but the following are some focus questions Cheryl Lykowski sent me to prepare for:
1. Tell us about K12 Online.
2. What is the K12 Online unconference?
3. Tell us about Storychasers.
4. What issues do you see teachers/districts making progress with?
5. What issues do you see teachers/districts stuck on?
Following that webcast, you are welcome to join in our third Storychasers brainstorming session which will begin at 9 pm eastern / 8 pm central. Among other things I expect we’ll discuss the new StoryChaser’s wiki site, the “Project Entry Points” page and ideas, and other pages which need to be added to the wiki in the weeks ahead. We’ll also discuss ideas for creating a presentation about Storychasers for notk12onlineconference.org.
To join the StoryChasers brainstorming session, visit the Ustream.tv page for “Moving at the Speed of Creativity Live” at the start of the meetup.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Jonah Lehrer, Integrity and Quotation Fabrication: A Case Study in Writing Ethics - 2012
- Podcast355: Cool Tech Tools for the Classroom by Cheryl Freeman - 2010
- A New DNA of Pedagogy and Learning (YouTube video - Greg Whitby by Marco Torres) - 2010
- Great Lineup of Keynote Speakers for the 2010 K-12 Online Conference #k12online10 - 2010
- Questioning the potential value of Skype and videoconferencing in the classroom? - 2009
- Another digital divide: Understanding Learning Community Power - 2009
- Comments about Oklahoma education from Kirk Humphreys - 2008
- Comments about Oklahoma education by V. Burns Hargis, President of Oklahoma State Univ - 2008
- Notes from Dr. Pedro Noguera’s Keynote at BLC08: "Changing the Culture of Schools: Creating Conditions that Promote Student Achievement" - 2008
- You CAN take it with you! by Bob Sprankle - 2007