John Peters, Vicki Allen, and Rob Jacklin joined me this evening for a sixty minute online meetup via Ustream.tv and Skype (thanks again Ryan Gordon for the instructions) to discuss the StoryChasers project. I recorded our conversation on Ustream and also archived the text chat, which includes a few links as well as ideas for things we’ll be adding to the project wiki in upcoming weeks.
We discussed different flash-based video cameras, the pages and resources which have been added to the project wiki since our last meeting, more ideas for finding classroom partners for StoryChasers, and additional items that need to be added to the Project wiki. These include a page about curriculum alignments, some screencasts providing tutorials about the project, and a short and sweet project introduction page for interested educators. We’ll be working on adding these elements in the next couple of weeks, to include narrative text that can be used as a “template” for teachers writing local mini-grants for “digital backpack” equipment for their classroom. Check the “recent changes” page of the StoryChasers wiki to view the latest updates.
We will NOT have another StoryChasers meetup next week or for a couple of weeks, but will likely touch base near the end of September. If you have not already, please join the StoryChasers learning community and stay tuned for more updates! My goal is to have the wiki and site ready to announce on various listservs and project registries in the next two weeks. (Early September.)
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Why Don't Some Teachers Let Students CREATE In Class? - 2013
- Send Web Articles to Kindle from an iPhone with Readability - 2012
- Use a Google Docs Spreadsheet to Send Text Message Alerts to Students - 2011
- Make free phone calls to land lines (US and Canada) from GMail #gct - 2010
- Easily Sync Google Calendars to your iPhone - 2010
- Why publish school updates on Facebook? - 2010
- Translate your WordPress blog into 40+ Languages - 2009
- iPod Touch Camera and Mic Coming Sept 9? - 2009
- Student Reporter interviews President Obama - 2009
- Oklahoma Social Media Publishers: Throw Your Voice on October 3! - 2009