Student Dalton Sherman’s message to the teachers in Dallas ISD and to educators around the world via the YouTube video of his convocation message is powerful and simple: Believe in your students, believe in your colleagues, and believe in yourself.
This eight minute video clip would make an ideal start to a staff meeting this year when you want to help other teachers focus on some big-picture issues.
Thanks to Sandra Fivecoat for sharing this link. If YouTube is blocked at your school so you can’t show this directly online, download an offline copy you can play from your hard drive. Refer to my post “Tips for downloading offline copies of Flash videos” for suggestions and software programs which can be used to do this.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lessons Learned with Website eBook eCommerce Continue (August 2018) - 2018
- Interview with Author & Screenswriter Rene Gutteridge - 2015
- A Case Study: How NOT to Set Up a WordPress Site - 2011
- Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator - 2010
- Why ALL Learners Need Laptops NOW! (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- What questions do you have about copyright? - 2009
- Proposed Fall Conference Sessions - 2009
- Darfur Issues highlighted via a student-created Southpark style video - 2008
- Podcast277: A Conversation with Carol Anne McGuire - Imagineering the Ideal K-6 Classroom Learning Environment (Part 2) - 2008
- Copyright and recording full-length library books - 2008