Looking for new ways to stay in touch with parents and students this year using voicemail and text messaging? I certainly am as I teach several courses for adults and 5th graders at my church on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings this year, and as I lead our youth deacons in our “Stories of Faith” podcasting project. Two free website services I’ve discovered recently and am planning to use this semester are:
TextMarks: Create text-alert groups using cell phone numbers, permit others to subscribe to alerts, facilitate one-to-many and many-to-many text discussions. I’m using this with our youth deacons group, along with a private Facebook group.
Phonevite: Create voicemail reminders for groups, schedule delayed voicemail updates if desired, record Phonevite messages from your mobile phone anywhere, anytime. I’m planning to use this with our 5th grade parents to send out updates and stay in touch.
Both of these tools provide great opportunities to send out reminders and updates. And they are both free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- 1st Day of STEM Makers Studio: Success! - 2014
- Podcast409: All My Lesson Plans are in Google Docs! (An Interview with Shelly Fryer) - 2013
- Falco on Demand - 2011
- Advocating for balanced approaches to Internet filtering in schools - 2009
- Branding, Advertising, and the Attention Economy - 2009
- Transferring cell phone recorded audio (voicenote) to a Mac computer - 2009
- Want a successful laptop initiative? Better choose Mac laptops! - 2008
- CustomGuides: Free how-to tutorials ready to use - 2008
- Kozol on NCLB and the struggles of real teachers - 2007
- Podcasting 101 - 2005