Maggie Verster (an educator in Johannesburg, South Africa – Twitter: maggiev) has created and shared an excellent tutorial via SlideShare titled “Twitter for Educational Purposes.”
Her learning outcomes for the tutorial are three-fold:
- Communicate using a micro-blogging system
- Update your status
- Create a learning network
Should every educator in every context use Twitter? I don’t think any single tool or website is going to be appropriate and well received by EVERYONE in any category of work or play. Should every educator at least be aware of Twitter and have an opportunity to utilize it as a communication tool as part of his/her extended learning community? Most definitely.
Thanks Maggie for creating and sharing this tutorial. This is a great example of the power of SlideShare as well.
More tutorials like this one are available on ThuTong: a South African Education Portal.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Podcast430: Minecraft Summer Camp with Connected Camps - 2015
- Map Media to the Common Core with iPads: Classroom 2.0 LIVE on Saturday! - 2013
- iPhone 5, Steve Jobs Reflections, & Amazing (free) Science Videos - 2012
- Publish student stories online with artwork, text and audio narration with StoryKit (free) - 2010
- Share your 5 Photo Stories on Posterous! - 2010
- Praise for Red Eye Removal and Custom Book Ordering in iPhoto '09 - 2009
- A virtual chat with President Lincoln - 2008
- Hello from Shanghai! - 2007
- Working behind the great firewall of China - 2007
- Podcast190: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 3 of 3) - 2007