I use the free PodPress plug-in for WordPress to create browser-based Flash player links for audio and video podcasts I publish here on “Moving at the Speed of Creativity.” PodPress is not available for Moodle, wikis, or other blog software programs, however. If you are publishing a mp3 audio file podcast to your school website or another server, how can you provide the same user-friendly Flash player functionality on those sites?
Thanks to Amit Agarwal I learned how to do this tonight. I used the following code to embed a clean, unbranded Flash player from Google on a webpage in my “Exploring the Biblical World Through Google Earth” course I’m teaching on Wednesday nights at our church for five weeks this fall:
In our class Moodle course (guest logins ARE permitted) the Flash player links look like this:
I like the fact that this is not branded, is clean, and is pretty straightforward to do. This requires a little bit of “code work” but the result is certainly worth it. I think the ability to do minor “code tweaks” like this is an important skill to have in our era of user-created content.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- Podcast446: Reflections on a PBS Scratch Jr Coding Camp for Kids - 2016
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009