This evening when I was browsing through the iTunes podcast directory listings, I discovered Luis Perez’s amazing collection of screencasts titled “Tech-Ease: Classroom Tech Help.”
The Tech-Ease website and resources are part of the the Educational Technology Clearinghouse by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology. I heard Luis present at NECC 2008 with Shannon White in their session, “Where in the World is… GeoRSS for the Classroom,” but had not seen all these resources they have published to the web and via iTunes. WOW.
The website links here are deep and wide in terms of rich content. Their website “No Strings Attached: Wireless Laptops in Education” includes:
Over 100 videos taped in Florida schools… This website features exemplary models of technology integration across Florida, including lessons from the school districts of Bradford, Broward, Collier, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Leon, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, St. Johns and Walton counties. Please see the credits page for further information.
I love the way many of the videos on the site utilize B-roll video footage of the teacher discussing the lesson, and A-roll footage of students working together collaboratively on their projects. This lesson example on The Roman Empire uses this video format:
Did I mention all these screencasts, PDF files, videos and other resources are available completely FREE to anyone, whether or not you live and teach in Florida?!
Great job Luis and the Florida Center for Instructional Technology!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009
- Interviews and subway videos from Hong Kong International Schools (Part 1) - 2009