This evening when I was browsing through the iTunes podcast directory listings, I discovered Luis Perez’s amazing collection of screencasts titled “Tech-Ease: Classroom Tech Help.”
The Tech-Ease website and resources are part of the the Educational Technology Clearinghouse by the Florida Center for Instructional Technology. I heard Luis present at NECC 2008 with Shannon White in their session, “Where in the World is… GeoRSS for the Classroom,” but had not seen all these resources they have published to the web and via iTunes. WOW.
The website links here are deep and wide in terms of rich content. Their website “No Strings Attached: Wireless Laptops in Education” includes:
Over 100 videos taped in Florida schools… This website features exemplary models of technology integration across Florida, including lessons from the school districts of Bradford, Broward, Collier, Hardee, Hernando, Hillsborough, Leon, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Seminole, St. Johns and Walton counties. Please see the credits page for further information.
I love the way many of the videos on the site utilize B-roll video footage of the teacher discussing the lesson, and A-roll footage of students working together collaboratively on their projects. This lesson example on The Roman Empire uses this video format:
Did I mention all these screencasts, PDF files, videos and other resources are available completely FREE to anyone, whether or not you live and teach in Florida?!
Great job Luis and the Florida Center for Instructional Technology!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Creating a Society6 Store of Digital Photography Products - 2017
- Podcast446: Reflections on a PBS Scratch Jr Coding Camp for Kids - 2016
- K12 Online Conference Webinar Saturday Sept 19th - 2015
- Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom - 2014
- Amazon Isn't a Consumer Electronics Company: It's WalMart Online - 2012
- Rachel Wants to Be a Scientist - 2012
- Podcast380: The Summer of Podfading is OVER: Let's Talk eBooks! - 2011
- Notes and finds from #learning2cn Tell a Story in 5 Frames Unconference session - 2010
- The Natives are Getting Restless: Growing Up and Learning in a Web 2.0 World by Robyn Treyvaud - 2009
- Emerging Trends that Redefine Education in the 21st Century by Bruce Dixon - 2009