I’m not sure. That will depend largely on what the online education community chooses to make of the event, I think. Bud Hunt’s post “Not” shed’s some good light on this question, however. Bud writes:
So what will NotK12Online look like? Well, it’s pretty much an aggregator populated by user submissions. If you have a piece of content that you think matches our guidelines, then you’ll publish it elsewhere, perhaps via your own blog, perhaps somewhere else, depending on the kind of content you’ve produced, and come to the NotK12Online site and tell us about it. If it fits our criteria, published on the site, it gets shared. Folks who want to respond to the content will be directed back to the original site of publication. Content shared via our site will be available via RSS. That’s pretty much it.
Personally, I’m delighted to see NOT K-12 Online emerging this year to encourage more reflection and participation about the ideas and with the presenters and participants of the K-12 Online Conference.
I’m looking forward to following and participating in the conversations of both NOT and K-12 Online this year.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Fall 2014 EdCamp Oklahoma Video Project - 2014
- 8th Grade GeoMap Project For English: Road to Hiroshima - 2013
- eBook Self-Publishing with Amazon, CreateSpace & iTunes Producer - 2013
- Highlights from the 2011 Educational Technology Conference (ETC) in Missoula - 2011
- Technology Trends in Higher Education (Sept 2010) - 2010
- Understand Creative Commons in 180 seconds - 2010
- Delete iPad photos with Image Capture - 2010
- Comparing options for free audio recording directly to the web: iPadio and Voisse - 2010
- Merge PDF files (for free) with PDFsam - 2010
- Interactive technology access does not guarantee good teaching and learning - 2009