This podcast features an impromptu interview with Dr. Peter Sherwood of Oklahoma State University, who is the proud owner of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier automobile powered by both CNG (Compressed Natual Gas) as well as regular gasoline. Dr. Sherwood explained how he came to purchase this amazing car and the benefits of it (CNG is currently $1.19 per gallon in Oklahoma and yields about 30 miles to the gallon in his car.) I never knew cars like this existed until today. I had heard of CNG-powered cars, but assumed they were not “dual fuel.” Now I want to find a company which can relatively inexpensively install a dual-fuel setup for me in my old 1993 Toyota Camry!
- The practical car of the future today: Natural gas AND gasoline powered! (blog post)
- Natural Gas Car (Flickr photo set)
- Dr Peter Sherwood’s page at Oklahoma State University
- StoryChasers (empowering responsible digital citizenship)
- Oklahoma Creativity Project
- 2004 Alternative Fuel: Hybrid Vehicle Guide
- Natural Gas Vehicle (WikiPedia article)
- CNGchat.com: The biggest and best forum on the web for Natural Gas Vehicles (NGV)
- The Pickens Plan (official website)
- Pickens Plan Community (powered by Ning)
- Pickens Plan (WikiPedia article)
- Hydrogen Economy (WikiPedia article)
- Hydrogen Vehicle (WikiPedia article)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- AirDrop Video Sharing, 5 Photo Stories and Narrated Slideshows - 2013
- Devastated at the Forced Closure of the OKC Coworking Collaborative by US Fleet Tracking - 2012
- Reflections on Unlimited Petroleum Wealth from the Persian Gulf - 2011
- Flying Home From Doha [Narrated Slideshow] - 2011
- Platform agnostic developers will help redefine print and literacy - 2010
- Read Free Online Books at the International Children's Digital Library - 2010
- Dean Shareski at ITSC 2010 - 2009
- Incentive for better learning about communism, capitalism, and government - 2009
- Evidence Bing is Lame - and Google Search Rocks (a NY caller asking for AOL Press) - 2009
- In Praise of Outdoor School, Ed Holzberger, Classen SAS and Oklahoma City Public Schools - 2009