Tomorrow morning, October 13, 2008, at 12 pm GMT (that’s 7 am for me here in Oklahoma, USA) Dr. Stephen Heppell’s pre-conference keynote will be published “live” on the K-12 Online Conference website. As a co-convener as well as participant in the K-12 Online conference, I am VERY excited we’re about to kick things off!
On behalf of the conveners, I’ve shared a new post on the conference blog (“Presentation publishing procedure changes for 2008″) addressing some changes to our internal processes for transcoding and publishing presentation files this year, as well as the question which came up last year of cross-posting “mirrored copies” of conference presentation files to other servers. (The short answer is: Please don’t do it.) Please read the post for more complete details.
Tomorrow our 3rd year of K-12 Online begins. Let the networked learning continue!
Please remember to forward and share our marketing flyer for K12Online08 with all the educators you know!
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Check Out Teetsie: A GameSalad-created iPad Game - 2013
- Amplify Art with Media (Oct 2013) - 2013
- Captivated by the Tesla S Series Electric Car in Portland, Oregon - 2012
- A Second Grade Field Trip to the Zoo with AudioBoo - 2011
- K-20 Innovative Learning Institute Nov 4th in Norman, Oklahoma - 2010
- WordPress Site Caching with Amazon S3 & CloudFront - 2010
- Google Docs Adds Folder Sharing - 2009
- Remember to turn YouTube channel comment moderation ON - 2009
- A 2nd grade classroom podcast! - 2008
- NowPublic Citizen Journalism and intellectual property - 2008