I’m very enthused Chris Lehmann is keynoting the “Leading the Change” strand of the 2008 K-12 Online Conference, which begins its first “regular” week in about six hours. Chris’ keynote will be posted a week from this Monday, on October 27th. This evening I took some time to watch this 5 minute video of Chris’ presentation at the “Ignite Philly” event recently.
…is a series of speakers talking about inspiring projects for 5 minutes. The presentations can be serious, funny, or somewhere in between.
For more of Chris and his ideas, in addition to subscribing to his blog “Practical Theory” see my summer post “Chris Lehmann: The Pedagogical Visionary of School 2.0″ which includes a Ustream link of his NECC 2008 presentation “School 2.0: Combining Progressive Pedagogy and 21st-Century Tools.”
I updated the audio and video podcast channels for the 2008 K-12 Online Conference this evening, btw. The new channels should show up in the iTunes directory later this week.
Check out Wesley's new ebook, "Mapping Media to the Common Core: Volume I." (2013) It's $15!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal: Your Table[t]d’hôte Today - 2013
- Great News for iPad Videographers (Open-In Audio Functionality Added to Pinnacle Studio) - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006
- Amazing Web 2.0 tools - 2005