I’m very enthused Chris Lehmann is keynoting the “Leading the Change” strand of the 2008 K-12 Online Conference, which begins its first “regular” week in about six hours. Chris’ keynote will be posted a week from this Monday, on October 27th. This evening I took some time to watch this 5 minute video of Chris’ presentation at the “Ignite Philly” event recently.
…is a series of speakers talking about inspiring projects for 5 minutes. The presentations can be serious, funny, or somewhere in between.
For more of Chris and his ideas, in addition to subscribing to his blog “Practical Theory” see my summer post “Chris Lehmann: The Pedagogical Visionary of School 2.0” which includes a Ustream link of his NECC 2008 presentation “School 2.0: Combining Progressive Pedagogy and 21st-Century Tools.”
I updated the audio and video podcast channels for the 2008 K-12 Online Conference this evening, btw. The new channels should show up in the iTunes directory later this week.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Comments to the Oklahoma City Board of Education: Oct 20, 2014 - 2014
- 2013 Tablet Summit in Montreal: Your Table[t]d’hôte Today - 2013
- Great News for iPad Videographers (Open-In Audio Functionality Added to Pinnacle Studio) - 2013
- Introducing Your Next Educational Conference Speaker! - 2011
- The Fisch Flip in Michigan: Dale Eizenga on flipping traditional lecture and homework routines - 2010
- Facial Recognition in Software Programs and Online - 2010
- Is the E-Rate Program in the United States broken? - 2009
- Saturday morning in a 1 to 1 household - 2008
- More thinking about mobile, field recording for podcasts - 2007
- They're not digital natives or immigrants - 2006